1. Composting is not just throwing banana peels in a pile and waiting for them to decompose. Your compost needs to be mixed to provide oxygen evenly to all the waste. For gardeners who have difficulty with the manual labor of turning the pile or who just don't want to do it, compost tumblers can save the day.
2. A compost tumbler is basically a rotating compost bin that does the turning for you. You load the waste, close the door, turn the spinning composter, and your compost stays evenly mixed.
3. Like static compost bins, tumbling composters come in a variety of materials and designs to suit your needs. Some compost tumblers even have a base for convenient collection of the "compost tea" that your compost pile produces - perfect nutrition for watering plants!
4. Tumbling compost bins are perfect for small spaces and beginners, as they are easy to turn and some can roll right to your garden. Compost tumblers also protect against creature infestation.
5. Compost tumblers minimize the work time needed to compost because heightened aeration with a compost tumbler means faster results. Also, unlike traditional composters, there is no need to turn with a pitchfork; no fuss, no muss.
Find more information in our Compost Tumblers Helpful Information section!