The Benefits of Worm Composting Bins
1. Worms? Really? Of course! Worm composters are completely self-contained composting bins. Simply fill it up with yard waste, or fruit and vegetable peels. The red worms inside will have a feast and you'll have useable compost.
2. Any gardener knows that worms are a sign of nutrient-rich soil. Worms are important members of the gardening team, breaking down organic matter into compost. It only makes sense, then, that a worm composter is a great way to speed up the composting process. Worm composting bins can even be used indoors during winter months.
3. Like regular compost bins, worm composters are receptacles for kitchen scraps that will eventually decompose. Worm composting bins, however, are specially designed self-contained systems where worms can eat and live while converting your kitchen scraps and even recyclable paper into the best compost for your plants.
4. Worm composting benefits plants, lawns, gardens, and the environment, as worms naturally convert food waste into simple plant nutrients in worm composters. Additionally, worm compost bins have a small footprint and don't take up much space.
5. Best of all, worm composting is virtually odorless! No need to banish your worm compost bin to the yard; you can keep it in your basement, your office, even your kitchen!
6. Keep in mind, composting worms are not included with the compost bins, and they only ship on Mondays due to the fact that they are a living product.
Find more information in our Worm Composting Helpful Information section!